The Creative Life
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE COMMENTS ABOUT A 3 HOUR WORKSHOP, NOT THE INTENSIVE CLASSES, WHICH WILL INCLUDE 12 HOURS OF CLASS TIME, PROJECT WORK AT HOME, AND EMAIL SUPPORT DURING THE 4 WEEK PROGRAM.
Here are a selection of comments by participants from two different Creative Life workshops (three hours each/10 participants) held at the Marr Residence. Based on this feedback, the workshop has been extended to four hours with a limit of 12 participants. Given the personal nature of some of the comments, I’ve withheld names, but references can be provided on request for organizations wishing to hire me to present the workshop. For example, St. Andrew’s College in Saskatoon had me present a version of The Creative Life for their Winter Refresher Conference.
• What a wonderful evening with these artists. Your guidance and all the reflections of all who attended was inspiring…I saw myself in all that was expressed. Everything from my fears, inadequacies to the way to work through the process to become what I want to be in my artistic endeavours. Thank you so much.
• Very valuable workshop. I now feel inspired to go home and WRITE! I plan to use the tools we discussed to overcome my fears of sending my work off to publishers. I only wish we had more time. Thanks!
• Lots of useful ideas…more fun than I expected for a workshop dealing with issues I have often really been unhappy about. Brenda -really appreciated your energy, honesty, sharing of your experience, ideas. Only suggestion for improvement – could have used more time! A full day, even two or three days. Thanks a lot!
• Good to hear people speak their minds without fear…to hear about their struggles…to get tips and book titles and your own sharing of your life experience. Very honest. You pick up on the positive quickly.
• Yes, it met my expectations. The time went by so quickly! I enjoyed it very much. The organization of topics was very relevant for me. I enjoyed that you shared your experiences, and would like to have listened to more!!
• I had the expectation of spending time with you, an inspiring person, so my expectation was met. As well, I got several good ideas to address my own writer’s blocks of fear and lack of confidence. You were very generous with your time and follow-up!
• The workshop was useful in showing that many of my problems in creativity are shared by other people. The discussions showed me possible solutions and left feeling encouraged and excited about making the changes necessary to improve my creative life.
• I really enjoyed the informal method of the presentation. The agenda was clear…laughter and humour really enhanced the evening. I have a lot of new ideas and things to think about.
• It’s always good to talk with others who are experiencing the same difficulties, even in different arts disciplines as they develop their craft. I have been given some ideas to get myself going and I thank you for that.
• Great idea — much needed opportunity. Worth it for the support, contact, getting out of the isolation of our challenges. Thanks for creating and offering this.
• A nice variety of material — well presented with lots of ideas and feedback from a fun group.
• I enjoyed the workshop. The number of participants was good for discussion. I found it motivational and gleaned some good ideas and information.